General Safety Precautions
- Store out of children's reach.
- Keep out of the sun or sun tanning booths for at least 24 hours if photosensitizing essential oils were used.
- Avoid repeatedly using the same essential oils over a long period of time.
- Only use oils you are well-informed about.
- Do not use undiluted oils on skin, unless otherwise indicated.
- Perform a skin patch test if you may be sensitive or have allergic reactions.
- Make sure you are familiar with each oil’s safety data sheet before use.
- Use precaution when applying or using essential oils if pregnant.
- Do not apply essential oils near or in eyes.
- Keep away from flame. Oils can be highly flammable.
- Appropriate ventilation required in an area where essential oils are being used.
- Do not ingest under any circumstances.
- Previous education required before using essential oils.
- Do not apply to wounds without being well-informed about the oil in use.
- If any oils cause pain or react with your skin, seek medical advice.
These safety guidelines are not a complete safety reference for the proper use of essential oils. When in doubt, consult your physician and/or a qualified and trained aromatherapy practitioner. It is safest to consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner before using oils with children, the elderly, if you have medical issues or are taking medications.